Saturday, June 25, 2011

Without thinking

    When wren and I first started our little journey together one of the things I required of her was to ask permission before being away from the computer while we were in game together.  If she needed to afk, switch computers, go lay down, do chores for a bit, whatever it might be she was to ask first. It wasn't easy for her to remember at first. There were exceptions of course.  If I didn't respond in a certain amount of time, if it was something that couldn't wait, or an emergency. It even led to her first time being disciplined. We were moving from one area to another in game. She said be right back and poof she was offline. Leaving me standing in an area I would rather have gotten past. Didn't know what was going on, or how long she would be gone. she had just gone to swap computers, but when she returned we had a talk about it, and she was informed that  not doing as she was told would have consequences.

     The next day I let wren know that she was going to be disciplined  for what had occurred the night before. From previous play I knew her breasts are very tender. wren had managed to keep clothespins on the actual breast, not nipple or areola, for only one minute. That was the limit of what she could take. As a way to give her something that would help her remember to ask before disappearing I had her put a single clothespin onto the bottom curve of each breast, straight down from the nipple. I told her to leave them on for exactly one minute. I could have said longer, but this wasn't a punishment. I just wanted something that would help her to remember. After that night she hasn't forgotten a single time.

    Last night wren ate something that just did not agree with her. she had a pretty bad tummy ache. she asked me if we could forego the having to ask permission before going away from the computer for the night. I told her yes.  Throughout the night though whenever she needed to get up from the computer she would always ask permission first. Several times i reminded her that  it had been decided that she didn't need to ask tonight. Yet every time she needed to get up she asked.  she had gotten to the point where she couldn't not ask. It was done without thinking. she was very proud of herself when she realized this, and so was I.

     One of the first things I had given wren as a general rule was she was to refer to herself in the third person when she and I talked. she was to refer to herself as wren. Not I or me. it was tough for her to remember, and she really worked hard at it. It bothered her when she forgot, because she wanted to please me so badly. One day  when talking with other people in game she referred to herself as wren. I can't remember  the exact words, but something along the line of "wren would like, or wren thinks... I waited a minute to see if she noticed what she had done and when she didn't I pointed it out to her. It was a huge weight off her shoulders, because she could see that even though it was tough to remember to refer to herself as wren at times  she was starting to do it without even thinking.  She was a very happy little wren that night.


Draugluin

No comments:

Post a Comment